Monday, October 18, 2010

"Are people born wicked, or do they have wickedness thrust upon them?"

Well, I didn't have time to do very much this weekend, but it's Monday, so I'm back. So far, I spent about three hours with my keyboard this afternoon working on the first violin part of "No One Mourns the Wicked." I'm running into some issues with counting. Some of the counts don't match up between the two parts, but so far, there's no really damage done, because either the featured violin part or the first violin part is resting during all of the effected areas. It's probably something I'll deal with when I start the second violin part. I'm thinking I counted it wrong when I was counting out rests. Hopefully that's the case, because that would be really easy to fix.

Just today I got all the way from "Look, it's Glinda!" to "Nothing grows for the wicked, they reap only what they sow." I assure you, it's more than it sounds like. I would have to pick the most instrumentally intense song to do first. On the bright side, next up is "Dear Old Shiz," and that will take all of about five minutes per part, and then "The Wizard and I" shouldn't be too bad either, and then I'll feel really accomplished and hopefully inspired enough to go straight into "What is this Feeling?" which will probably be a little harder because the ensemble is in it.

In unrelated news, I started reading the book, Wicked, and so far, I can hardly put it down. It's quite good. Also, all this talk of "Dear Old Shiz" has me wondering, is it horrible that I know the alma mater for Shiz, but I don't know the one for my school?

I might get a little bit more of "No One Mourns the Wicked" done tonight--I'm going to try--but I don't know if it will happen. Until next time, then!

No comments:

Post a Comment