Thursday, October 21, 2010

Good news!

I started the second violin part for "No One Mourns the Wicked" today. I worked on it for about an hour and a half, which is not as long as usual, but I got to a really good stopping place. I didn't get as much done as I should have in that amount of time either. I spent a good half an hour on the build up right before the singing starts. It gets really fast and I was having a hard time figuring out what the notes were. I good new is I think I figured it out. The bad news is that the second violins are going to have to shift past the harmonic on their E strings. I guess it's not really a big deal though. I played a song where I had to go a half-step past the harmonic on my A string in ninth grade.Anyway, right now I'm right where the lyrics start, and I figure that's a pretty good place to stop for the night.

Unfortunately, since tomorrow is Friday, I probably won't get a lot done because my schedule on Fridays is crappy. Maybe I'll accomplish something this weekend though, since I don't have any plans.

Well, I don't really have anything else to say, so that's it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment