Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Nothing grows for the wicked

I just spent the last three hours finishing the first violin part of "No One Mourns the Wicked." I didn't think it would take quite that long, but I ran into some inconsistencies in timing with the featured violin part, and I had to sort all those out. My ipod also died halfway through, so I had to plug it into the speaker. This was an unfortunate turn of event for my roommate, who had to listen to me play the same five second twenty times trying to work out timing before I went to the next five seconds. I'm probably souring her against Wicked. Even though she insists she doesn't mind, I still feel bad.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll make some headway on the second violin part, and once that's done, I get to write in some different clefts for a while, which will be exciting. I can't wait to get to the bass cleft--that's the one I'm most comfortable in--but I have to do the second violin and viola parts before that.

All I can say right now is, thank goodness the rest of the soundtrack isn't as instrumentally intense as "No One Mourns the Wicked." I've given it some thought, and I do believe this will be the hardest song, though I'm not particularly looking forward to "Dancing Through Life" or "Thank Goodness" either, but all the other songs are more focused on the singers, or in this case, the featured parts, so I don't think they'll be as bad.

That's about all I have to say right now. Until tomorrow, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment